Salt Lake City, Utah 84114
~A Practical Thinker who Pioneers Sales and Marketing Strategies that Enhance Revenue, Growth, and Profitability~
Personable, Analytical, and Cost-Conscious Technical Account Executive and Regional Sales Manager who drives consultative sales of technically complex products and services in highly competitive markets. Retain clients by building trusted relationships with influencers and decision-makers, and through superior service. Achieve goals as project manager for launching new products and markets. Exceptional academic qualifications including BS degree in Computer Science and a BS degree in Electronics Engineering combined with superior sales skills. MBA graduate.
- Develop & Execute Strategic Marketing Plans • Technical Sales
- International Sales and Business Development • Project & Product Management
- Communications (verbal, written, presentation) • Complex Negotiations & Client Relations
CLOVITEK, INC., PRESIDENT/FOUNDER, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2018 – Present
CloviTek provides a revolutionary listening experience to customers and offers the participating venue an extraordinary opportunity to use any muted TV to improve customer retention, grow engagement and drive revenue. CloviTek allows any venue to stream real-time audio via WiFi from TVs directly through a mobile app allowing users to listen privately through their own headphones without disturbing others.
What if you could enhance your TV listening experience without reading the closed captions? What if you could control your personal volume without disturbing anyone nearby or your neighbors? When other family members come to visit and have the same hearing problem, what if you could connect all of them to the same TV so you all can enjoy your favorite show? What if you feel you’re not ready for hearing aids? Have you ever walked into a gym or bar or airport and seen banks of TVs that you could not hear?
For over 300,000 business owners offering audio streaming services requires licensing, costly wiring, installation, and expensive equipment.
CloviTek provides solutions for private listening experiences while utilizing the most advanced Wi-Fi technologies during the development process for all its products. CloviTek provides a revolutionary listening experience to customers and offers the participating venue an extraordinary opportunity to use any muted TV to improve customer retention, grow engagement and drive revenue.
FOSS NORTH AMERICA, Remote, Utah 2015 – 2019
The FOSS organization has over 50 years’ experience in serving the Food Industry worldwide with quality analytical instrumentation. Well over 90% of all milk analysis worldwide is performed on FOSS instruments. FOSS North America supplies dedicated analytical solutions for quality and production control for the Food Industry in the following areas:
- Milk & Dairy Products
- Meat Processing
- Feed & Pet-food
- Wine & Brewed Products
- Milling & Baking
- Starch Processing
- General Food Processing
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER FOR PACIFIC NORTHWEST US
Responsible for full cycle account management and sales: prospecting, estimating, preparing bid proposals, technical assistance, preparing and conducting presentations and closing difficult sales within assigned region.
- Responsible for overall sales performance in territory that is met in manner that maximizes customer satisfaction and is within sales budget for that region
- Create sales strategies for each account including Key Accounts and national Accounts
- Create and manage territory plan including measurable goals, dollars by product line, and timetable for actions
- Maintain accurate records with respect to prospects, pre-implementation planning/proposal preparation, sales calls, quotations, pricing, etc., using CRM system
- Effective communication with the Regional Sales Director, Market Segment Managers and other persons in the company
- Provide input to marketing/sales with respect to competition and competitive pricing including products, applications, new product development etc.
- Travel as necessary to cover the territory.
Develops x-ray and optical technologies to enhance productivity and innovation of research labs (e.g. Brookhaven National Lab), gov’t agencies (e.g. NASA), universities, OEM and non-OEM customers. Sales tripled in 8 years.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE / TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER
Strategically grow new and existing client relationships and sales. Consultatively sells X-ray components (detectors, sources, windows, etc.) and services. Leverage technical skills through the entire sales cycle (prospecting, trusted relationships, requirements, and sign deals). Sell in-person, virtually, at tradeshows and conferences.
- Increased sales in both Russian and Ukrainian markets from $0.00 to $1M+ in 3 years.
- Grew sales $500,000 annually and portfolio 10% with 100% client retention in the E. European markets.
- Achieved 100% client satisfaction with sales staff and customers by providing training to customers on exist- ing and new products. Developed lasting relationships with contacts to identify opportunities, nurture relationships and close deals in the US and Worldwide.
- Spearhead cross-functional project teams in the planning and execution of sales strategies, successfully penetrating new markets with new products and services.
- Successfully developed, implemented, and modified web applications software and specialty utility programs for the website to improve productivity and communication.
- Improved visibility on search engines 100% by successfully managing the transition to the new company website using personally authored website management strategies. Achieved the #1 ranking on top search engines such as Google for technical products’ key search terms, using superior SEO techniques.
- Managed marketing collaterals by creating 20 technical articles, datasheets, specifications, and application notes on websites and PDFs.
- Lowered costs 68% and saved > $400,000 annually by collecting analyzing, and using market-specific technical data encompassing proprietary vendor knowledge and complex negotiating skills.
MBA, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, MAY, 2016
BS: COMPUTER SCIENCE & IS, Utah Valley State University, Orem, Utah, 2009
International Student Council Member. Undergraduate Research Project: “Conducting Field Surveys Using .NET Compact Framework on Mobile Devices” (Grade: A)
BS: ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING, Yuriy Fedkovych National University, Chernivtsi, Ukraine, 2002
Undergraduate Research Project: “Infrared Emission in the Semiconductor Receivers” (Grade: A)
X–ray: XRF, Analytical Equipment, Detectors, Sources, Medical Equipment, Microscopy, Spectroscopy
Applications: CRM: ACT! By Sage Premium; Visual Enterprise (order entry, RMA entry and processing, reports, etc.), quoting, invoicing, reporting. Crystal Reports; MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access and more
Web Development: Adobe Dreamweaver, C#; Java; CSS; AJAX, and Flash
Solving software and hardware problems: Backup/Restore Utilities; Help Desk/Tech Support; Computer Operations; Hardware
Internet: SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Web Design, Graphics, Google Apps, Social Media; Promotion; Internet Marketing
Community Building and Blogging: chief contributor to www.compikdigital.com and www.vitalwebmaster.com technical blogs
Leadership and Management: Lead and Manage Projects, Product Planning and Product Release, Defining Project Scope and Timelines, Integrating Projects Into Operations, Creating an Organizational Vision, Strategic Objectives and a Long-Range Plan.
Personal: Problem Solving, Planning, Written and Verbal Communication, Cross-Cultural Work Environments, Multicultural Understanding, Critical Thinking, Safety Conscious, Social Commitment, Creativity
Russian, Ukrainian, English, Polish
CompTIA Security Certification, Exam SY0-401(Link)
Starting January 2015
Certificate of Completion in Fundamentals of Marketing(Link)
American Management Association
Starting February 2013
Practical X-ray Fluorescence Clinic
Starting April 2012
Hanheld XRF Workshop(Link)
Starting April 2011
Strategic Business Writing
Mountainland Applied Technology College
Starting April 2010
Product Management Best Practices for B2B(Link)
Starting October 2009
Panduit Network Infrastructure Essentials(Link)
Starting June 2006
Blackblot Product Management Professional(Link)
Blackblot – Product Management Expertise™
Starting February 2008
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH
Starting January 2008
Chief Web Developer and Manager for The Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation website (www.bachauer.com)
Volunteered at Habitat for Humanity ReStore by creating a maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer and shopper experience in the store
Opportunities Vitaly is looking for:
- Joining a nonprofit board
- Skills-based volunteering (pro bono consulting)
Causes Vitaly cares about:
- Economic Empowerment
- Human Rights
- Poverty Alleviation
- Science and Technology
- Social Services
- Playing piano,
- weight lifting,
- web development,
- Vitaly M Kirkpatrick on BrandYourself
- Vitaly M Kirkpatrick on Twitter
- Vitaly M Kirkpatrick on LinkedIn
- Vitaly M Kirkpatrick on YouTube
- Vitaly M Kirkpatrick on CompikDigital Technical Blog
- Vitaly M Kirkpatrick on SearchEngineSeer
- Vitaly M Kirkpatrick on SpectroScience Community Blog
- Vitaly M Kirkpatrick on Pinterest
- Vitaly M Kirkpatrick on Google+
- Vitaly M Kirkpatrick on Facebook
(to request additional information, for new opportunities, resume, etc.)